Meet Manju Karkare: Nutritionally Yours North Carolina
Manju Karkare is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with a breadth of experience for over 20 years. She has been licensed to practice dietetics in NC since 1999. Manju believes in providing evidence based, scientifically proven nutritional counseling. She has worked in a variety of capacities including acute care clinical nutrition, outpatient oncology (cancer care) consulting, public health education and classroom instruction.
Manju is passionate about helping people learn about healthy eating and loving it. She volunteers routinely for Meals on Wheels of Wake County delivering meals and Inter-Faith Food Shuttle teaching nutrition classes for low-income populations. She loves to cook a variety of cuisines and use her knowledge to make it nutritious. She is especially excited to promote local agriculture, mindful eating and nutritious ethnic cuisines.
- BSc (Food Science and Nutrition) SNDT women’s University, Pune, India
- MS (Nutrition) University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Registered Dietitian (RD) Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition
- Certified in Adult Weight Management by Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT)
- Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Outstanding Dietitian of the Year 2018 from the North Carolina Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Professional Organization Membership
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Dietetic Practice Group
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- North Carolina Dietetic Association
- Raleigh Dietetic Association