Resources For You
Great Information – Our Blog and Facebook Feed!
Enjoy hints and tips anytime on our Facebook page and see the latest posts just to the right on this page too. For more in-depth articles on nutrition, recipes and tips to keep you on-track to healthy eating, read our blog. Below are our latest entries:
- March 1, 2018 — Go Further with Food
- February 15, 2018 — Easy Curry Scallops
- February 5, 2018 — A vegetable hideout
- January 24, 2018 — Zoodles and Ragout
You can even sign-up for notifications so you will know when the next tidbit of information is available to gobble up!
There’s an App for That!
Here are some popular apps to help you manage your goals. All of the following are available for Android and Apple products and basic versions are FREE. Try one!
- Net Diary
- Restaurant Nutrition
Reliable Website Links
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (www.eatright.org)
The world’s largest organization for nutrition professionals.
- American Heart Association (www.americanheart.org)
Get information on heart health from the American Heart Association.
- American Diabetes Association (www.diabetes.org)
Learn the basics about diabetes and get support, recipes etc.
- American Institute of Caner Research (www.aicr.org)
Practical tools to help prevent and live with cancer.
- American Cancer Society (www.cancer.org)
Learn about cancer, its prevention and treatment. Information available in many languages (Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese).
- ChooseMyPlate (www.choosemyplate.gov)
Nutrition and health resource from USDA. Food and activity tracker available.
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (www.nhlbi.nih.gov)
Information heart, luncg and blood disorders, treatments, and recipes.
- The Center For Mindful Eating (www.tcme.org)
Mindful eating resources: books, workshops etc.
- NIH Office of Dietary Supplements (ods.od.nih.gov/)
Current overview of individual vitamin, mineral and other dietary supplements.
- Gatorade Sports Science Institute (www.gssiweb.com)
Information about all Gatorade products.
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (www.foodallergy.org)
The latest alerts, news and tips for food allergies.
- Something Fishy (eating disorders) (www.something-fishy.org)
Raising awareness and providing support to people with eating disorders and the care providers.
- Live Strong (www.livestrong.com)
Fitness and cancer support from Lance Armstrong Foundation.
- Consumer Reports onHealth
- Environmental Nutrition
- Mayo Clinic Health Letter
- Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter
- University of California at Berkeley Wellness Letter
- Nutrition Action Healthletter
- Consumer Diet and Lifestyle Book Reviews
- Cooking Light magazine and Annual Recipes cookbooks