Individual One-on-One Coaching
What to expect from your sessions with the RD?
First Appointment: The first appointment will help the dietitian get to know your goals in seeking the help of a nutritionist, what you hope to gain from coaching and your current dietary habits and level of health.Together we will set specific, easy to follow goals for you.
- Weight Management
- High Cholesterol Intervention
- High Blood Pressure Intervention
- Diabetes Management
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (Crohn's, IBS)
- Intolerances (lactose, gluten etc.)
- Sports Nutrition
- Nutrition during Cancer treatment
- Food Sensitivities Testing (MRT Test)
- Genetic Testing (Nutrigenomix)
In addition to discussing what to eat, your session may cover aspects on how to eat, such as:
- Learning to plan meals for you and your family
- Identifying your eating style and how to deal with it
- Learning to distinguish between hunger and appetite
- Moving away from a "dieting" mindset
- Bringing mindfulness to eating
Your first session includes:
- An hour of nutrition coaching
- An assessment of your current health and medical history
- An assessment of your physical activity and determination of calories expended
- SMART goal setting
- A healthy lifestyle plan tailored for you
First session fee is: $150/hr (cash or check payments)
The dietitian will guide, encourage and challenge you to make lasting lifestyle changes through routine follow-up. Together, we will decide what frequency of visits will work best for you. Typically, clients schedule a one-hour follow-up session every 3-4 weeks.
At each follow-up session we will:
- Review food records for issues, questions and triggers, (if food records are kept)
- Identify roadblocks to reach your goals and you will learn strategies to overcome these
- Celebrate successes and discover how they were accomplished
- Discuss other pertinent topics. For example: healthier restaurant choices; how to reach protein goals on a vegetarian diet, ways to modify recipes etc.
Follow-up guidance / sessions are: $150/hr (cash or check payments)
Group Workshops and Presentations
Nutritionally Yours offers informative group workshops and presentations for churches, offices, gyms, clubs and neighborhood groups in the Triangle area. These interactive sessions are full of practical tips that will help you eat better so you can take control of your nutritional goals. Please contact us for possible topics for your workshop.
Take Control of Your Plate (Weight Management)
- Nutritional Assessment
- Food and Drug Interactions
- Individualized Goal Setting
- Recipe Modifications for up to 10 recipes
- Recipe Resources
- Weekly follow up (for six weeks)
Eating Right for Teens
- Geared to Teens
- Group Presentation (for up to 10 teens)
- Nutrients Important to Teens (Boys and Girls)
- Common Nutritional Challenges
- Fast Food Guide
- Best Snacks for your Backpack/Sports bag
Fuel The Team to Reach the Finish Line
- Designed for Athletic Teams
- Group session with the Team
- Sport specific Nutritional Information
- Training Nutrition Guide
- Race Day Nutrition Guide
- Review of Nutritional Products for Athletes
- Maximum Team Size is 10 Members
Individual Nutrition Consultation can be arranged for additional charge.
Give Your Body a Boost (Oncology Patients)
- Group or individual sessions
- Group Presentation on Immunity and Nutrition
- Major Nutritional Issues during Cancer Treatment
- Food and Drug Interactions
- Recipe Modifications to Increase the Impact of foods you can eat
- Individual Nutritional Assessment
- Review of Nutritional Issues
- Food and Drug Interactions
- Individualized Nutritional Intervention
Fee: $350 (Group of up to five)
Fee: $150 (Individual)
Transform Your Family Table
- Geared to Families
- Nutritional assessment of your family's eating habits
- Healthy meal planning for the family
- Pantry evaluation
- Healthy food shopping assistance
- Recipe modifications on your family's 10 favorite recipes
- Monthly follow up with your family for six months
Delicious and Nutritious: Be a Gourmet!
- Aimed at Budding Cooks and Chefs
- Good Nutritional Principles of balanced meals
- Taste and Flavor without the Guilt
- Sensible Gustatory Experience
- Food Safety and Knife Skills
- Cooking together in your kitchen
- Fees include ingredients for recipes and up to 8 participants
Are you suffering from a stubborn health problem that won’t go away no matter what you try? Or perhaps you feel like the medications and treatments you’re taking aren’t actually getting at the root cause of your illness - but you want something that will?
If you feel this way, or know someone that does, here are some important facts to consider:
- Medical Research has shown that foods and food additives can be involved in a wide array of painful symptoms and chronic health problems.
- If your dietis causing your illness, whatever medications you take will ultimately fail because they only mask the symptoms. They don’t affect the underlying cause of the symptoms. And as is too often the case, many medications have side effects that can lead to other health problems.
- If diet is causing your illness and you don’t address it, you could easily end up suffering for many years, spending thousands of dollars for treatments that will never work the way you want them to.
Conditions and Symptoms Linked to Food Sensitivity
- Irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, functional dyspepsia (heartburn), diarrhea, abdominal pain, cramping and bloating
- Migraine and other chronic headaches, fibromyalgia, joint pain, muscle pain, muscle weakness, arthritis
- Autism, ADD/ADHD, fatigue, tiredness, insomnia, general malaise, restlessness and 'brain fog'
- Hives, eczema
- Excess mucous production, chronic post nasal drip, chronic congestion.
Get your personalized function of 35 nutritional components including vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and amino acids within your white blood cells. Scientific evidence shows us that analyzing the white blood cells gives us the most accurate analysis of a body's deficiencies.
Vitamin, mineral and antioxidant deficiencies have been shown to affect the function of the immune system which can contribute to degenerative processes such as arthritis. Call or email today to schedule your appointment.SpectraCell's Micronutrient test includes:
Your cellular metabolism and your cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels) are very intricately linked. For various reasons – not just age – our metabolism changes. Our personal chemistry controls these changes and they can be measured in SpectraCell’s CardioMetabolic panel, which covers the three main areas of keeping a healthy metabolic profile your whole life: Glycemic Control, Lipid Profile, and Vascular Inflammation.
- A family history of heart disease or diabetes
- Diagnosed with heart disease or diabetes
- Taking cholesterol-lowering medications
- Diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome (high blood pressure)
- Are overweight
- Have high LDL - the bad cholesesterol
- Have low HDL - the good cholesterol
- Have high triglycerides
Key components of CarioMetabolic test are:
Hormone & Thyroid Testing as well as Genetic Testing also available. Email for more information.